Sunday, October 5, 2008

Divine Affection

There is something quite remarkable about the changing of seasons. As I sat snugly wrapped in my blanket, coffee in hand (always coffee in hand), starring out my large picture window, I was awed by the sheer majesty the Lord allowed me to witness of Himself again this afternoon. An array of trees more than a hundred feet tall seem to bow in unison as gusts of wind repeatedly swept over them. The leaves, so simple in their shape, yet complex in their detail and coloring drifted towards my window at various speeds, hundreds at a time. The colors were brilliant against the slightest shade of grey sky. I sat for some moments watching the wind dance, when I faintly heard, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty”. I closed my eyes and listened closely. The majestic wind rushes through the trees once again and it sounds very much like they are applauding. I raise my hands and find I am the one singing, “holy is the Lord God Almighty”. Tears steam down my cheeks because I am fully aware I am in His presence. I feel it to the deepest part of my being. I feel cherished and honored that He chose to spend the afternoon sitting with me, speaking to me in a way I find nothing else compares. I know I am always in His presence, he is always speaking to me, and revealing more of who He is to me. Perhaps the difference between my feeling I am in His presence verses. the fact that I am always in His presence has more to do with my attitude and where my heart’s focus is flirting. Sometimes I desperately need to walk away from the deafening demands of my chaotic life, so that I can deeply inhale His. I chose that today and the “eyes of my heart were enlightened.” Eph. 1:18 paraphrased. Truly, there is nothing in all the world as beautiful or desirable as the love of Christ!

1 comment:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

God always speaks to me through the wind rushing through the trees at the Ranch. I cannot tell you why. I simply know that this is the case.